Friday, June 15, 2012

June 13, 2012
OK, I have decided where we will be going when/if you guys all come out to pick me up.

Have you ever heard of Nelson Ledges? It is Sister Palmer's birthday today, so she decided she wanted to go hiking with Rafael (one of our investigators). It was SO FUN! This place is beautiful and there are so many different places to go! Dad and Lex, I am sure you would love taking pictures there, and we would all have to explore all the little 'cascades' (waterfalls) and it is so GREEN!

After our little hike we went to Rafael's bakery and he taught us how to make pumpkin bread and white bread, and we made a pizza. He has a hammock in the middle of his store that we took turns taking naps in. His wife died a month ago, so we kept talking about God and the Plan of Salvation (as much as he would let us). The pizza was SO GOOD! (and so easy- we will have to make it sometime) and I have decided that when you come out here you also have to meet Rafael because he is the craziest, friendliest, most free-spirited 60 year old you will ever meet. He wants to meet you too :)

This week we had a picnic with the community of Christ, and I have really been appreciating being in a zone with a ton of sisters. They are all so different, and it has been a lot of fun getting together with them and learning from their unique styles. The Giffords (senior couple) will be leaving on Friday :( We get to go up to Cleveland tomorrow for the 'mission tours.' I have no idea what we are going to do, but they have something to do with President Sorensen leaving in a few weeks.

Sites have been picking up. We get done with one tour and have to pick up the next right away. It makes you appreciate the senior missionaries, because they do it so much more than us (every day) and it is EXHAUSTING! Really fun though- I love meeting all the different people who come through, and I feel like their contributions always help me personally, like they are there to help me rather than the other way around :) It is neat.

I know there is so much more that happened this week, but I really can't remember anything else, and I am out of time :/ 

LOVE!
Sister Kimber Mahrt



Nelson Ledges State Park

No comments:

Post a Comment